Sunday 23 February 2014

January Books

Better late than never, here is my list for January:

1. Allegiant - Veronica Roth - Sci Fi
2. 13 Reasons - Jay Asher - Young Adult Fiction
3. The Harem Midwife - Roberta Rich - Historical Fiction
4. The Husband's Secret - Liane Moriarty - Mystery
5. Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card - Sci Fi
6. The Virgin Cure - Ami McKay - Historical Fiction

My favourite of the month was The Harem Midwife.  This is the 2nd in the series, with The Midwife of Venice being the first.  I recommend both of these books.

13 Reasons was a sad and disturbing read.  Adolescent suicide is the theme of this book, and is not a book for everyone. 

Ender's Game is a great sci-fi book, if you have not seen the movie.  I would read the book first.

Allegiant was the 3rd book in the Divergent Series, and had many turns and lots of suspense.  It was okay, but I think the 1st book is still my favourite.

The Husband's Secret was a surprise find.    I did not know anything about it and it turned out to be a good mystery.  If you like Gone Girl, you will like this book.

Finally, The Virgin Cure, by Ami McKay who is a Canadian author.  This book was getting good reviews, so I thought I would give it a chance.  Again, I did not know what to expect and it was another good read.

Looking forward to some warmer weather!   Stay warm and enjoy some good reads!

Allegiant (Divergent, #3)The Virgin CureThirteen Reasons WhyThe Harem MidwifeThe Husband's SecretEnder's Game (The Ender Quintet, #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment