Monday 10 March 2014

February Books

February was a short month and although Winter has been dragging along, this month seems to fly by!   Hopefully, Spring is around the  corner with some warmer weather and lots of Sunshine.

I only read 3 books this month and two of them were books that were on my "To Read" list!  

1. The Mapmaker's War - Ronlyn Domingue - Fantasy
2. The Wolves of MidWinter (#2 The Wolf Gift Chronicles) - Anne Rice  - Fantasy/Horror
3. Innocence - Dean Koontz - Thriller/Mystery


My favourite this month was Innocence.  I did not know much about this book and was glad, as it was a good surprise!    Quite different from his other books, and when I first started it I was not sure I was going to like it.  The characters grow on you and you are constantly trying to figure out the mystery behind the whole story.   I don't want to give much away on this one because I think not knowing anything about the story was why I liked it so much.

The Wolves of MidWinter is the 2nd in Anne Rice's newest series "The Wolf Gift Chronicles".  If you like Anne Rice, you will like this new series.    This time it is Werewolves instead of Vampires, and I wonder if these two worlds will collide at some point.

Finally, The Mapmaker's War has been on my list for a while.  This was different than I expected, based in a fictional world.   It was an interesting read, and I almost need to read it again to really appreciate it!   Full of details and a book where you sometimes need to go back in the book to remember all the details of what is going on.

Happy Reading and let's hope Spring is almost here!

The Wolves of Midwinter (The Wolf Gift Chronicles, #2)The Mapmaker's War: Keeper of Tales Trilogy: Book OneInnocence

No comments:

Post a Comment